On the Day
- BYO own drinks (including water) and food in a small esky unless otherwise organised.
- BYO own hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, comfortable clothing and a jacket.
- Please wear appropriate footwear (no heels).
- Binoculars are supplied on the boat but you are welcome to bring your own.
- There are no tea and coffee making facilities available.
- BYO alcohol is permitted but please restrict to cans or plastic where possible. Alcohol must be consumed responsibly.
- The meeting point is on the beach near the boat ramp at Pondalowie Bay Fisherman’s Village, Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park.
- Tour start and finish time may vary slightly due to weather conditions.
- Please allow 30 minutes to travel to Pondalowie Bay from Marion Bay.
- As you will be entering Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park, you are required to purchase a vehicle parks pass for entry into the National Park. No hard copy is required to be printed. This cost is not included in your tour cost.
- No access is permitted to Althorpe Island as it is a restricted area.
Tender & Vessel Accessibility
- The tender boat is launched from the beach so clients will be required to step in the water and may need to remove their shoes. Long clothing may also risk becoming wet if not rolled or pulled up.
- Clients are required to have a level of mobility that allows them to climb into the tender boat and then also board the vessel from the tender via a boarding platform and ladder.
- Some swell may be present when boarding or disembarking the tender.
- Tours operate in the open ocean and may at times be a little bouncy due to the swell and sea conditions.
Before the Day
- The weather is monitored regularly across multiple sites in the lead up to all tours and Marion Bay Ocean Safari will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible if the weather is not looking acceptable to operate.
- However, due to the nature of weather there may be a rare chance on the day the weather will be different to forecast which may result in cancellation of the tour on the date.
- Marion Bay Ocean Safari tours are not suitable for infants or children under 5 years, all children over 5 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times and parents are recommended to provide a life jacket where possible.
- Life jackets onboard the vessel are a “one size fits all” and comply to licencing, safety and survey requirements.
- Children must adhere to a request to wear a life jacket if asked by the Master or Deckhand.
- A minimum number of 8 people is required for all tours to operate.
- Strictly no more than 12 people per tour.
- Exclusive use bookings require a charge equivalent to 12 people.
- A standby list is available for people that cannot meet minimum numbers.
- Tours are subject to availability and bookings are essential.
- Clients are asked to arrive 10 minutes prior to tour time.
- Marion Bay Ocean Safari reserve the right to cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions, in which case any monies paid will be repaid in full or with the option to transfer to another available date.
- All tours are scheduled to depart from Pondalowie Bay; however, the departure location may change to Marion Bay due to weather conditions.
- If the departure point is changed to Marion Bay, clients will be notified 24 hours prior to departure.
- Tours departing Pondalowie Bay require clients to travel through Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park where fees apply for vehicle entry. You can apply for a vehicle pass online at https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/find-a-park/Browse_by_region/Yorke_Peninsula/innes-national-park/booking/vehicle-entry-fees.
- Clients must abide by the Master and Deckhand instructions at all times.
- Clients must declare any pre-existing medical conditions or any medication prior to departure to the Master and must not participate in the tour if they are unfit due to illness or injury.
- Clients accept all risks involved in the tour.
- The Master of the vessel has the right to disembark any passenger who in his opinion is not properly following instructions or directions.
- There is the option for all passengers to read the Safety Procedure Manual upon boarding the vessel.
- Any photography and video taken on the day may be used for marketing purposes such as (but not limited to) social media, websites and television. Please advise the Master upon boarding if you do not wish your image to be used.
- Consumption of drugs is strictly forbidden on board the vessel or tender.
- Motion sickness can be a problem for some people, we recommend you seek advice if you feel you may be susceptible.
- Please treat our equipment and property with respect, if it is deliberately abused, damaged or lost overboard you will be charged a replacement fee along with any damage to the boat due to carelessness.
Catering / Local Dining
- If catering is required contact details can be provided for local providers.
- A local caterer can provide meal provisions or in-house chef experiences, please contact us for further details.
- Take away food and meals can be purchased from the Marion Bay General Store and Marion Bay Tavern.
- Owner / Operator Mark Wynbergen has been operating from the local area since 1998 and has the
- Master 5 / Skipper 3
- Marine Engine Driver 3
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Licensed Scuba Diver
- All charters have a deckhand on board with a minimum qualification of Elements of Shipboard Safety.
- If accommodation is required in Marion Bay and our properties are not available we are happy to provide a list of property suggestions.
Payment & Fees
- Full payment is required on booking.
- Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received.
- All payments are via EFT only. Sorry no credit card facilities are available and no personal cheques accepted.
- Any monies paid are refunded if the tour is cancelled by MBOS due to weather conditions or COVID-19 restrictions.
- The following fees apply unless alternative arrangements are made in writing at time of booking.
|Fee||Marion Bay Ocean Safari|
within 3 days
|100% of all fees paid|
3 days - 7 days
|An attempt will be made to refill the booking but if unable to do so then 100% of all fees paid will be forfeited. If refilled no fees apply.|
|More than 7 days||No charge|
|No shows on the day||100% of all fees paid|
Organisers & Tour Operators
- Non-English-speaking individuals or groups must be accompanied on all tours and charters by an interpreter.